Tuesday 30 September 2008

Layouts for September

Good Morning to one and all.....Hope you are all well! I am feeling a bit out of sorts this past week with my emotions, don't really know why! I think it is all those female hormones running through my aging body! LOL! Well lets change the subject.....This blog is supposed to be about Scrapbooking so lets see what I have been up to for the month of Sept.

Over at Deb's Creations it has been really exciting with the launch of our very own place to shine. We have so many challenges to choose from....You don't have to do them all but it is nice that we now have a huge variety. I think that only managed not to do one or two of the 11 to choose from. So here goes all of my LO's, some I am really happy with others not so happy with. Thank you to all of those who commented on my LO's . It means a lot to me as I have low self esteem about my scrapping capabilities.

No 1 - Heather's(s4j) challenge for a blinkie: Mix of fonts for title, B&W paper, Only one other colour could be used so I chose pink, Photo had to be 3D mounted and you had to have a journal block on the page.
No 2 - Tanyah (Luv2Cr8) You had to make a card, (No hearts, flowers or traditional square shapes) So I chose a Butterfly of course, You had to add bling,
felt and stamping and you could use any colour so I chose pink again. OMG I won a $5 voucher for this card. Thanks Tanyah
No 3 - My Challenge was a sketch and these were the requirements. You had to follow the sketch which had 4 photos, you had to journal, and your title had to be CAUTION - Scrapping Zone or CAUTION - Work in Progress. You had to have some kind of flourish on the LO.
I actually did 2 LO's as I have 2 scrapping areas and I am going to do the other side of green LO with the wooden flourishes as there is still lots more to show of my scrapping zone.

No 4 - Scrappers Warehouse Blue Challenge from Deb Mitchell. Photo had to be 5x7 Colour or B&W, up to 5 pp's, 2 cardstock, journalling tag, 5 different embellies, unlimited flowers, Title must have to word Blue in it, 2 of the embellies had to be 3D.
No 5 - Scraplift Angie's LO - I chose her Flutterby Butterfly LO from SBM room
Here is my take on her LO
No 6 - Tear Bears, Stamps and Scrapbooking Challenge #1 , Deb set this one too.
It was a Collage, OMG this is going to be a challenge I thought that I wouldn't be able to do....But I managed to get there in the end. Any PP's, embelliesbut had to have at least 2 flowers had to have journalling about a day in your life....So I chose to have a photo of me with my camera because hardly a day goes by without my camera being in my hand.

No 7 - Rachel (Scrap-Princess) This LO was to be heartfelt you had to use a quote/saying/song lyrics, any size photo, use either inks or paints, have at least 4 brads or eyelets, and you could use as much pp or embellies as you liked. I love this photo of Jeff....He has such a gorgeous smile....I love you Jeff!
The quote that I used was from Shelley Howington.....
I Look into your eyes I see,
The greatest miracle given to me,
You are the joy of everyday,
Your smile guides my way.

No8 - Tear Bears, Stamps & Scrapbooking Challenge#2 Nat set us this one, A Boy LO with only Girl products and Girl Colours....OMG I had so much trouble with this one. You had to have stamping, felt and hand written journalling. I knew I had the perfect photo but I just had trouble finding the right PP's & embellies.
I am not really happy with this LO and I don't think Jeff thinks too much of it either. Perfect 21st material! LOL!
No 9 - Chris W's challenge was either a Card or a LO, I decided seen as though it was the end of the month to do a card for my friend Rach a fellow CC. Chris's requirements were as follows - Use plain cardstock, create a design with circles or squares no bigger than 1' , cut them from PP's or paint them, you can add buttons, brads, eyelets and flowers. You also needed to have a photo matt and title.
I haven't got around to doing Lexie's Scrapbook Barn LO yet or The Red & Purple LO for the CT Blinkie challenge. Kirrily did one along Theresa's guidelines, this is it.
I also have done some other challenges for TBSS and some just for me. Will post them another day though as you will be bored with all of my scrapping! Thanks for looking and please feel free to comment. Luv Shaz

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shaz!

    Your blog is rocking hun, love all your layouts for the month of September. By the way your Flutterby Page is beuatiful hun:):)

    Looking forward to seeing your October challenges hun:) ***** from me

    Luv Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me your heartfelt comments. They put a smile on my face and lift my spirits. I really appreciate them, Luv Shaz xoxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin